Saturday 23 July 2011

Women of Opus Dei: In Their Own Words 2/2

This is an extremely well-written book that is an enjoyable and inspiring read. You want to keep on reading it but I limited myself to one chapter a night and I looked forward to meeting another wonderful women each evening. They certainly inspired me regarding the important role women can play in making this world a better place. My brother was in hospice before he died of cancer and I now know I can thank the late Josefina Magno for founding this wonderful organization that supports the dignity of living and dying with one's eyes on God. I read this book over the weekend. It was just too good to put down. As I finished it, I felt a smile on my face and I was heartened by the hopefulness of knowing that somewhere out there these ordinary women are trying to live their faith to the full, with utter naturalness. What a thoroughly inspiring and enjoyable read! www.escrivaworks.org I almost didn't finish this book. I had gotten close to the end and then was distracted by another project. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I picked it up as easy reading to try to lull myslef back to sleep, thinking, well, now's a good time to finish this book. My God, I'm glad I did. Kuddos to the editors for including Margaret Kalb's Changing Diapers for God. I was downstairs at 3:30 AM this morning laughing my head off! There are many inspiring stories of diverse and unique women that really make you think, but in my opinion, Margaret's takes the cake. Specifically, I think she best describes ...

No comments:

Post a Comment