Tuesday 7 September 2010

Daddy Diaper Bags - Myth Or the Real Deal?

With the increase in popularity with moms in designer diaper bags, it was only a matter of time before the dads came on board as well.

When my wife and I had our child in August, I had really not given the whole diaper bag any thought. After all its just a place for me to put diapers right. Oh how wrong was I. I had no idea the amount of things I would have to have with me for the baby. A task as simple as going to the grocery store involved having diapers, formula, wipes, changing pad, extra clothes etc. The bag my wife had was plenty big enough for all these must haves, but I realized I was carrying around a gigantic purse, to add insult to injury the thing was pink. Now I was 28 years old and not ready to completely give up my manliness.

I started out with a backpack I had used in college. It didn't take long for me to realize this wasn't the way to go. Sure I could get everything in the there, it was the finding it again I had problems with. I did some searching around and found some daddy diaper bags that were more user friendly. My first one was the Urban Sling from Kalencom. This bag was great, first of all it was black not pink, thumbs up from me, secondly I could put everything in there I needed and put the strap across my chest leaving me with both hands free. I also didn't get the feeling it was a diaper bag at all, it looked more like a laptop bag. After the wife seen me carry this thing around I noticed she also began using it for short in and out trips with baby. I asked "Honey why are you not carrying your diaper bag?" Her response. "You already had this one packed up and ready and I like how it carries." So like I said the FIRST diaper bag I bought was the Urban Sling from Kalencom. Which is now my wife's.

After having such good luck with Kalencom bags I decided to get another one of there products. This time I went with the Sam's Messenger Bag, in chocolate. This thing has pockets galore, three interior pockets and two elastic loops which hold bottles. I get tons of compliments when carrying this bag and surprised looks when I tell them what it is. So moms if dad is not a shopping type guy like most of us don't put him through the pain of carrying a purse. Get him a daddy diaper bag that is functional and I guarantee you wont have to ask him to, "Get the bag".

No comments:

Post a Comment