Tuesday 8 June 2010

How to Celebrate Pregancy in a Charming Way

My wife and I have tried to have a baby for so long it seems I can't remember when we actually first started talking about having a family. It is something that was important to us both, but we just couldn't seem to be able to conceive, no matter what doctor we went to or consulted with.

Imagine my surprise when I got a call from my wife one day while I was at work. She sounded really upset and simply said to me on the phone that I needed to get home right away. I made a mad dash, arriving at the house in about fifteen minutes.

She was in tears at the door, but it seemed like she was happy. She threw her arms around my neck and told me that she was two months pregnant and that we were finally going to be parents. I was so thrilled I took the rest of the day off work and we just sat around and talked about the upcoming event.

The next day on my lunch break I started looking for the perfect gift for her to celebrate the birth of our child. I had always loved the charm bracelets my mother and aunt had that were started by their husbands, so I decided to continue the tradition.

I decided to go with a gold bracelet and gold charms, and also made the decision to stick with all baby related charms. I started making a list of all the baby items I could think of and then also browsed around several websites for additional ideas.

Gold charms with a baby theme were easier to find than I had thought. I found several little babies, babies in diapers, babies in cribs and even a baby sitting in a highchair. I was really getting caught up in the whole baby theme.

To add to the gold charms of babies I also looked for a variety of baby items. There were little gold diapers, pacifiers and building blocks and baby toys. I loved the little gold charms of rattles and cribs, so I added a couple of those as well.

The day I took my wife to the hospital is one I will never forget. I know that she was surprised when I gave her a gift box all wrapped in a bow, containing all those gold charms and a beautiful bracelet. She still wears the bracelet all the time and now she is expecting again I know I will be able to start collecting gold charms for our next new arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment